You are invited to the 9th Meeting of the International Indigenous Peoples Forum on Food and Water Sovereignty via Zoom
Co-Chairs: Anders Oskal, Saul Vicente and Janene Yazzie
HOSTED BY THE INTERNATIONAL INDIAN TREATY COUNCIL
Date: September 9th, 2023
12 – 2 PM Pacific Daylight time/3 – 5 PM Eastern Daylight time
Find your time zone here
This Independent Forum for Indigenous Peoples was established during our efforts to achieve effective participation in the United Nations Food Systems Summit (UNFSS) in 2021. Its focus has been information sharing and discussion of strategies to strengthen the self-determined participation of Indigenous Peoples in UN bodies addressing impacting our Food Systems, Food Sovereignty and Right to Food including the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). The 8th meeting of the Forum was held on June 17, 2023. This meeting will provide opportunities to share updates, recent developments and opportunities for participation including:
- NEW INDIGENOUS YOUTH CAUCUS AT UNFCCC
- INTERNATIONAL CODE OF CONDUCT ON PESTICIDES AMMENDENTS UPDATE
- 6TH INTERNATIONAL INDIGENOUS PEOPLES CORN CONFERNCE REPORT
- NOMINATION PROCESS FOR THE UN COMMITTEE ON FOOD SECURITY CIVIL SOCIETY AND INDIGNEOUS PEOPLES MECHANISM
- DISCUSSION: HOW CAN WE FORMALIZE THIS FORUM AND GET IT RECOGNZED AT FAO?
Zoom registration link: https://tinyurl.com/9th-food-water-sovereignty
Interpretation will be provided in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Russian as requested.
For more information contact: [email protected]