FRIDAY JUNE 12, 2020, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME
(Click HERE to find your time zone)
This webinar will feature presentations on the impacts of the global COVID-19 pandemic on Indigenous youth. Indigenous youth presenters will also share examples of their active engagement in relief efforts and long-term solutions for their families, communities and Peoples.
- Introduction: Chris Honahnie, Hopi/Diné, IITC Administrative and Programs Assistant, Tucson Arizona
- Short Video: Voices of Indigenous Youth on the COVID -19 pandemic
- Francisco Cali Tzay, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Mayan Cakchiquel, Guatemala: opening words and call for information
- Jessica Vega Ortega, Mixteco, Global Indigenous Youth Caucus Co-chair, Indigenous Youth Network of Latin America and the Caribbean Coordinator, Mexico
- Carson Kiburo, Endoris, Global Indigenous Youth Caucus C0-chair, Kenya, Africa
- Enildalia Betty Martínez Gil, Kuna Youth Movement, Panama
- Jaiden Willeto, Diné, New Mexico Navajo and Hopi Families COVID Relief Effort
- Victor Lopez-Carmen, Dakota/Yaqui, Global Indigenous Youth Caucus Co-chair, Harvard Medical School Student
Moderator, Roberto Borrero, United Confederation of Taino People
Please click on https://www.iitc.org/online-trainings-webinars/ to download the materials for this webinar
To pre-register for the webinar via zoom, click on: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_AJqC5y6rTTGX8hTMWLi6ew
English/Spanish interpretation will be provided. Click here for information on how to use Zoom’s webinar interpretation feature.
For more information contact: [email protected]