FRIDAY MAY 29, 2020, 9:00 – 10:30 AM PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME
(Click HERE to find your time zone)
This webinar will share Indigenous Peoples’ initiatives to defend the inherent and sovereign rights affirmed in Nation-to-Nation Treaties during the time of COVID-19.
- Introduction: Andrea Carmen, Yaqui Nation, Executive Director, International Indian Treaty Council
- Bill Means: Oglala Lakota Nation, South Dakota, Co-Founder and Board member, International Indian Treaty Council
- Janene Yazzie: Diné, IITC Sustainable Development Program Coordinator and New Mexico Navajo-Hopi COVID Relief Effort Team Leader; update on COVID-19 Crisis
- Phil Two Eagle: Executive Director, Sicangu Lakota Treaty Council, Rosebud South Dakota
- International Chief for Treaties 6, 7 and 8 Wilton Littlechild: Ermineskin Cree Nation, Alberta Canada
- Te Tui Shortland, Ngati Hine, Ngati Raukawa ki te Tonga, Managing Director of Awatea, Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Moderator, Roberto Borrero, United Confederation of Taino People
Please click on https://www.iitc.org/online-trainings-webinars/ to download the materials for this webinar
To pre-register for the webinar via zoom, click on: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2fLr0kV0RviZwlBvRpvP5Q
English/Spanish interpretation will be provided. Click here for information on how to use Zoom’s webinar interpretation feature.
For more information contact: [email protected]