Protecting and Restoring our Traditional Food- and Ecosystems: Practical Knowledge-Sharing with Indigenous Peoples
Session III: TRADITIONAL FIRE MANAGEMENT AND PREVENTION
(Click HERE to find your time zone)
PRESENTATIONS BY INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE HOLDERS:
- Morning Star Gali, Pit River, California Tribal Community Liaison, Introduction.
- Chief Gary Harrison, Chief and Chairman, Chickaloon Native Village Traditional Council, Alaska representative for the Arctic Athabascan Council on the Arctic Council
- Les Malezer, Gubbi Gubbi-Butchulla, Queensland Australia, former Pacific region member, UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Peoples, inaugural co-chair, National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples, opening remarks and introduction to film: Northern Australia Fire Management with the Emissions Reduction Fund
- Winston Delorme, Mountain Métis, Community Leader, Alberta, Canada
- Roberto Borrero, United Confederation of Taino People, Moderator
English/Spanish interpretation will be provided. Click here for information about how to use zoom’s webinar interpretation feature for those joining online.
For more information contact: [email protected]