(Haga clic AQUÍ para ver su zona horaria y la fecha).
This IITC webinar will feature Indigenous leaders who are working in their communities and Nations and in the international arena to defend the rights of Indigenous Peoples and, in particular, the rights of Indigenous Persons with Disabilities. Presenters will address the challenges they face as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and will present proposals for action and support.
- Introductory remarks by Tai Pelli, IITC Board member representing the United Confederation of Taino People, Caribbean region
- Olga Montúfar, Mixtec and Nahua, President, Indigenous Persons with Disabilities Global Network, and Focal Point for Latin America and the Caribbean, Mexico
- Pratima Gurung, General Secretary, Gurung, Indigenous Persons with Disabilities Global Network, President, National Indigenous Disabled Women Association, Nepal
- Francisco Villegas Paredes, Vicam Pueblo, Rio Yaqui Sonora Mexico, Coordinator, Jittoa Bat Natika Weria, Consultant, IITC Indigenous Peoples Pesticides Project
- Petuuche Gilbert, Acoma Pueblo New Mexico, Indigenous World Association President
- Kera Sherwood-O’Regan, Kāi Tahu Māori, Te Waipounamu, Aotearoa (New Zealand). Indigenous rights lead, SustainedAbility (Disability Climate Justice Network)
- María Máxima Elena Camey Guerra, Mayan Cakchiquel, Person with short stature disability, Ombudswoman of the Legal Unit; Chimaltenango Regional Headquarters of the Office for the Defense of Indigenous Women
Moderator, Roberto Borrero, United Confederation of Taino People (Caribbean Region)
Please click on https://www.iitc.org/online-trainings-webinars/ to download the materials for this webinar
English/Spanish interpretation will be provided. Haga clic en for information on how to use Zoom’s webinar interpretation feature.
Para obtener más información, contacte a: [email protected]