The United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Ms. Victoria Tauli-Corpuz, is conducting an official country visit to the United States of America from 22 February to March 3, 2017. As part of this visit, the Special Rapporteur will attend a series of regional consultations to examine the situation of indigenous peoples in the United States as it relates to energy development. The dates of these consultations and their host institutions are as follows:
- Navajo Nation – Window Rock, AZ (February 24, 2017, 10am-4pm)
- University of New Mexico – Albuquerque, NM (February 25, 2017, 8:30am-3pm)
- Virtual National Indigenous Consultation – University of Colorado, online (February 26, 2017, 1-2:45pm)
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe – Fort Yates, ND (2/27/2017)
- Mandan, Hidatsa, and Arikara Nations – Fort Berthold, ND (February 28, 2017, 9:30am-12pm)
- United Tribes Technical College – Bismarck, ND (March 1, 2017)
- Meeting with civil society organizations and tribes in DC area, hosted by National Congress of American Indians – Washington, DC (March 2, 2017 – time TBC)
Additional information for each event, including a full agenda and directions to the venue, will be provided to participants and posted in the website. Please register at your earliest convenience by following the link below and filling out the form. You may also upload any documents related to your case which you wish to share with the Special Rapporteur at the below link.
For questions, please email [email protected].