WORLD CONFERENCE ON INDIGENOUS PEOPLES 2014
The high level plenary meeting of the United Nations (UN) General Assembly known as the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples (HLPM/WCIP) was held on Monday, September 22 and Tuesday, September 23, 2014, at the UN Headquarters in New York. UN General Assembly Resolution A/RES/65/198, adopted on December 21, 2010 stated that the HLPM/WCIP would be held in “order to share perspectives and best practices on the realization of the rights of Indigenous peoples, including to pursue the objectives of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.” The HLPM/WCIP resulted in an action orientated outcome document that was prepared by the President of the General Assembly in consultation with Indigenous Peoples and Member States.
- Other Resources:
Video- Alta Outcome Document – An Indigenous Global Consensus Document
Follow-up on the HLPM/World Conference on Indigenous Peoples
- IITC Submission on Indigenous Peoples Participation, April 8, 2016
- Consultations on the participation of Indigenous Peoples at the United Nations
- Report On The Discussion On Improving Emrip’s Mandate And Participation Of Indigenous Peoples’ Representative Institutions, March 3-5, 2015, Geneva, Switzerland
- Informe Sobre La Discusión De La Mejora Del Mandato Del Mecanismo De Expertos De La Onu Sobre Los Derechos De Los Pueblos Indígenas (medpi) Y La Participación De Las Entidades Representativas De Los Pueblos Indígenas, 3-5 De Marzo, 2015, Ginebra, Suiza
- Open-ended Meeting Of Indigenous Peoples On The Follow-up To The World Conference On Indigenous Peoples
- Modifying and Improving the Mandate of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, University of Arizona, Feb. 2015
- Modificar y mejorar el mandato del Mecanismo de Expertos sobre los Derechos de los Pueblos Indígenas, Universidad de Arizona, Febrero de 2015
- Outcome document of the high-level plenary meeting of the General Assembly known as the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples, 15 Sep. 2014.
- Documento final de la reunión plenaria de alto nivel de la Asamblea General conocida como Conferencia Mundial sobre los Pueblos Indígenas, 15 de septiembre de 2014.
- Presentation – Roundtable 1, UN Action for Implementation of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. World Conference on Indigenous Peoples. Statement by the International Indian Treaty Council, 23 Sep. 2014.
- Presentation – Interactive Panel on the UN Post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals. World Conference on Indigenous Peoples. Statement by the International Indian Treaty Council, 23 Sep. 2014.
- International Indian Treaty Council Statement, Discussion 1 – Implementation of the rights of Indigenous Peoples, Interactive Hearing for the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples, 17 Jun. 2014.
- International Indian Treaty Council, Assembly of First Nations, United Confederation of Taino People and the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations Statement, Discussion 2 – Indigenous peoples’ lands, territories, resources, oceans and waters, Interactive Hearing for the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples, 17 Jun. 2014.
- International Indian Treaty Council Statement, Discussion 3 – Indigenous priorities for sustainable development, Interactive Hearing for the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples, 18 Jun. 2014.